Tuesday, April 29, 2008

CD, BOOKS & CAMPAIGN

Linden does not totally enjoy being as busy as he has been lately! A CD introduction is scheduled for Saturday morning, May 3 from 10:00 to noon at The Uncommon Corner bookstore in downtown Plainfield and from 1:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon at Secondhand Stories bookstore located in the strip mall at the corner of Raceway and Rockville roads.

Linden started the following poem/song: The melody is "The First Noel".

Linden's CD

His first CD
All the critics did say
Was not as bad
As some that they play. (maybe more later)

It is a worrysome and unfortunate fact that Lindenwould Publishing is a for profit corporation. Very, very few people had pre release access to the CD "Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check". If Linden performed the copy and paste functions correctly, two very much appreciated CD related comments follow.

Bravo! Great Job! I enjoyed all songs! I can feel the emotions! I can feel the tears! I can feel how your throat closes when the pain is coming! I can hear the smiles, the friendship, the love! I can hear people in the mountain! I can hear the difficult day on the railroad! I can feel the prayer for guidance from the Holy Spirit!

What a wonderful surprise -- the mailman brought a copy of the latest recording by the soon-to-be-Grammy-nominated artist, Linden Swift! I have listened to the entire thing -- a few songs more than once -- and was determined to tell you which were my favorites. I am stumped, though. I think "Frog Pond" is my favorite but "Golden Years" has much to recommend it, "Fam'ly and Friends" may be a very close second, and how could I not love "I'm Gonna Get Even with You"? Alex and Amber and I were all singing the chorus to "It's a Sometimes World" -- I could go on and on. Congratulations, my friend -- you have really accomplished something here!I have a question. The picture on the back of the insert -- of the 4th of July reunion -- is that you and Rubye in the back/center? And is Peter Smith in the front right playing the guitar? I am not sure about Lisa; she could possibly be the woman behind Peter (with a different hair color and style) or maybe she isn't in the picture at all. Anyway, inquiring minds want to know. (If I'm right, I spotted you and Rubye but Amber picked out Peter.)

Is Linden blessed or what!! In closing, each of his six book titles will be available for purchase at the CD introduction. Campaign activities continue.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home