Monday, August 25, 2008

LINDEN'S LIFE

Normally, on Monday and Thursday, I do a Linden’s Life segment following the addressing of the subject of the day. Today, it will be a stand-alone segment.

Thursday: Had the usual enjoyable breakfast meeting with Bill, Chuck, Jack and Paul. I love Indiana tomatoes and Paul gave me some from his garden. Julie is in Indiana for a few work related days. Alison, Brian’s 12 year old daughter, is in town for a few days: The three of us went to Grays in Mooresville in the evening: One of my favorite places to eat. I had sent a query to a publisher who I hoped would accept a compilation of my works for publication: Received the disappointing notice today that three of the five subject areas in the book are unacceptable to them. Guess I’ll do another self-publishing effort.

Friday: Men’s Prayer Breakfast at 6:00. Not a very productive day. Brian made the 5+ hour drive from his Ohio home to pick up Alison: He wanted to immediately go back home so, the two of them came to see me for just a few enjoyable minutes. Later, Julie brought four- month- old Jade by and we visited for a few also enjoyable hours. She returns to her home near Chicago tomorrow. Any day that I see both of my kids just has to be a good day.

Saturday: Did just a little outside work and was non-productive most of the rest of the day. Did send a couple of my sonnets to the leader of our Avon Writers Group for possible inclusion in our next Derivatives of Finn production.

Sunday: Church, Sunday school, brunch with friends, slept poorly last night so took a nap. In the evening, the Church had a pitch-in dinner and music program in the shady grove on the property where I live. I took a purchased pie. Kyle Matthews was the singer-song writer who provided the very good music. He sang one song that reminded me of when Rubye and I went to the Northwest about 8 years ago: I sang a similar song with some black street musician gospel singers while there. My voice does not compare to that of Kyle, but I had fun. Also, he talked about one of his very, very successful songs and the chain of events leading to the resultant success. I wondered how I would feel if some real talent picked up one of my songs. I suspect I will never know and I guess I really do not much care.
-----
LINDEN'S COMPOSITIONS:
Linden’s first CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” is now ready for purchase as are the six books he has written and/or published. Plainfield area sales at Secondhand Stories in the strip mall at Raceway & Rockville roads. Online, go to addresses below and inquire on “Linden Swift”.

http://stores.ebay.com/secondhand-stories
www.alibris.com/bookstore/secondha

DONATIONS to support postings, are appreciated but not necessary, may be made to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168

COMMENTS: Only those sent to LWDcomment@aol.com are received.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home