Monday, December 27, 2010

LINDEN'S CHRISTMAS WEEKEND

LINDEN’S CHRISTMAS WEEKEND
As we are entering the last five days of 2010, I will depart from my usually politically oriented blog format. It is possible that I will link to a writing that I find compelling.

My Friday: I went to a gas station, the credit union, post office and by church. In addition to the normal Christmas cards, received wishes from Austria, Belarus. Kosova, and Ukraine. In the evening, Julie, Kenneth, and Jade took me out to eat and then back at my place for a while, then on to church for the great candlelight communion program. Sometime during the day I talked to Brian. It was a good day.


My Saturday: First thing, I opened the presents Brian sent…a book that I wanted regarding the 100 year history of an Italian family, a large book of SUDOKU puzzles, and some snacks. Then I called long term friend Betty Henry who lives in Florida. Brian called and I talked to him, Sheri, Alison, and Scott. Julie, Kenneth, and Jade came by for a few hours in the evening. They brought a great CD that I had asked for, a DVD set of the Fawlty Towers comedy series, and, as usual, many snacks. I played with Jade a great deal and had just a wonderful Christmas day.

My Sunday: For Sunday school, John Lee started teaching the book of Joshua. In church, the music was good and Steve White preached regarding Simeon recognizing Jesus Christ as the Messiah. At the conclusion of services, Igor Wash was baptized. I talked to David Mills for a while then went down front to talk to Igor.
Julie called after I returned home and she was getting ready to start toward her home. She had taken off her earrings last night and wondered if she had left them here…as I searched, she found them. She called about 7:00 to say that they had arrived home and that it had snowed about five inches in the Chicago area. I watched the Colts win a televised game. It was a great weekend. I am blest!
--
Link to country music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpUDR9akPA8&feature=related

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home