Monday, November 5, 2007

PLEASE, NO PULITZER

As a new, very new, entrant into the exciting arena of blog posting, it seems prudent to provide you, gentle reader, with guidelines as to what award(s) I will not accept. By so doing, I may save you the embarrassment of having your award declined and myself from the swell-headed feeling one could get in such a circumstance.

I became reacquainted with an old friend recently (although we never actually met.) Maybe thirty years ago, my son worked at a print shop which produced The American Spectator. Occasionally he would provide me with a copy to read. In fact, I believe that touching that publication from time to time may have caused him to develop into the wonderful man he is today.

R. Emmett Tyrrel, Jr., in his 11-1-07 Spectator piece entitled Missing Scandals, reviewed several instances of what I consider to be dishonest journalistic endeavor. Strangely, some of these writers were, or became, winners of a Pulitzer Prize. For me, this reduced that award to the status of a Nobel Peace Prize. No, thanks - I will accept neither.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home