Thursday, May 1, 2008

LAST APRIL DAY

Yeah, it was a busy day for Linden:
6:00 posted blog
7:30 campaign meeting
8:45 Study Buddy session
1:30 Saturday bookstore event meeting
5:00 Dinner at Church
6:30 Study session at Church
8:00 prep for Saturday bookstore event.

Note: The wonderful Sharon www.sherbitter.livejournal.com had a much appreciated blurb in her posting regarding me. It follows:

I got a lovely surprise in the mail yesterday. My friend Linden is quite something. He has his own publishing empire, he's running for local office, and now he has come out with his first cd. The name is not exactly going to roll right off your tongue...but it fits him perfectly. "Songs a Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write...While Waiting for His Meager Pension Check" is a collection of thirteen different songs. Many are tragic: "Yes sing me a sad song / It's the least you can do / And when you're done singin' / I'm gonna get even with you"; "I was born alone, I'll die alone, alone I'll always be / No one can ever hope to know my lonesome misery"; "I want to go home and see Mary but Mary don't live there no more / I want to go home and hold Mary but she couldn't stand bein' poor." To be honest, the sadder Linden sings, the more I like it. A couple songs reflect on the relationship between God and a lowly sinner: "I am a sinner calling on you / I need your guidance in all that I do / Thank you dear Savior who died on the tree / To carry the sin load of those such as me"; "Holy Spirit Holy Spirit I am counting on thee / Holy Spirit Holy Spirit raise my prayers for me." I can't really decide which is my favorite, although "Frog Pond" is in the running: "I'm smiling, I'm happy, I'm laughing out loud / With my home in the country I feel so proud / With a mail box in front and a frog pond in back / My heaven on earth is my tumble down shack." I had to sing along with the chorus of "It's a Sometimes World": "For it's a sometimes world sometimes sometimes / It's a sometimes world sometimes sometimes / It's a sometimes world sometimes sometimes / It's a sometimes world sometimes sometimes." Linden's voice isn't going to cause Placido Domingo to retire in discouragement, but you know -- it's just exactly right for these songs. If you haven't done it lately, you might check out his blog:

In closing, Linden would like to mention a piece that appears in American Thinker: It holds the democrats responsible for the current high gas prices. Read it and tell Linden, if you agree and are a democrat, are you partially responsible for high gas prices by voting for those inept clowns?
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home