Monday, May 26, 2008

LINDEN'S HOLIDAY WEEKEND

Posted Tuesday Morning. On Friday, after posting the blog, Linden, as usual, attended Men's Prayer Breakfast and followed that with grocery shopping, paper reading and a nap. Then did a load of wash and started cleaning the really messy house. Received a package for Julie and Kenneth (I suppose for Jade) from Jim and Audrey: Julie said to hang on to it as she may visit reasonably soon.

Saturday was continuation of the cleaning endeavor, had a call from Larry, an old friend from State Police days: He, as usual, is in town for the race and thought we might meet- we usually do. Since I thought Brian might come over, I decided to stay home. Called Raymond, my old brother-in-law, for a nice visit and in the afternoon, listened to Rossini's "The Barber of Seville."

Brian came by in the early evening and took me to dinner at a local Irish pub. Good food and a great visit. He had told me that he wanted to find a business card from his days in California about 20 years ago and I had found a folder I hadn't seen in maybe 15 years that was just full of cards. Two were his and he was elated. Maybe cleaning the place a bit does have some merit. Worked some on the next book: It appears that it will not go as smoothly as I had thought.

Sunday brought Church, Sunday School, a nice note from my friend in Austria, and, later, Brian came by with Jake and Alison. We went shopping and found Ali a pair of flip-flops.

Monday was a memorable Memorial Day: I posted the blog with a sonnet I had started months ago and finished just a day or two ago (it was something else that turned up while I was cleaning.) I turned the mattress on my bed and washed the bed clothes. I'm becoming just the little homemaker. Brian called before he left Plainfield and again when he arrived home in Ohio. This was a good weekend for Linden.

-----

ADVERTISING
Linden’s first CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” is now ready for purchase as are the six books he has written and/or published. Plainfield area sales at The Uncommon Corner bookstore in downtown Plainfield or at Secondhand Stories in the strip mall at Raceway & Rockville roads. Online, go to addresses below and inquire on “Linden Swift”.

http://stores.ebay.com/secondhand-stories
www.alibris.com/bookstore/secondha

DONATIONS to support postings, are appreciated but not necessary, may be made to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168

COMMENTS: Only those sent to LWDcomment@aol.com are received.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home