Thursday, August 28, 2008

MID WEAK POLITICS

Not by any stretch of the imagination can it be considered a strong day for Linden’s political commentary. It is very weak today. But, in all fairness, when you get to be Linden’s age, if you do, there will be days (daze) when things just do not fall together perfectly. The few things that did attract his attention on Wednesday are already scheduled for a more in depth look at a later date. Maybe tomorrow will bring a great posting.
-----
LINDEN’S LIFE:
Monday: My friend, Sam, and I, met for lunch in a near downtown Indianapolis restaurant as we do several times a year. We first met in 1977, the year we each started working for the Indiana Dept. of Public Welfare. Sam had just retired as an Army officer and I had transferred there from the Indiana State Police.
Tuesday: Had my best nine holes of golf yet this year. Still not great! Otherwise, routine day.
Wednesday: Met three former work related associates for lunch in downtown Indianapolis: Dan, I first met in 1977 as I was transferring to Welfare; Thuc, who I have previously mentioned, I first met in 1989 after I had, two years earlier, transferred to the Dept. of Correction; and Rick was one of those I hired in 1994 to assist with the effort I was leading. Good lunch and visit.
On the way home I stopped at a bakery operation within Saint Athanasius Catholic Church. I read about it about two weeks ago. It is operated by volunteers and is open only on Wednesday afternoons.
About seven years ago I had an eye operation that required me to stay completely face down for eight days and eight nights. A most miserable experience that I have no idea how I would have managed without my wonderful Rubye. I purchased some necessary equipment and had some other constructed to help me manage the task. I loaned this, maybe two years ago, to a friend who was scheduled for the same type of operation. I picked it up today and loaned it to another friend. With Rubye gone, I surely hope I will never again have use for it.
-----
LINDEN'S COMPOSITIONS:
Linden’s first CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” is now ready for purchase as are the six books he has written and/or published. Plainfield area sales at Secondhand Stories in the strip mall at Raceway & Rockville roads. Online, go to addresses below and inquire on “Linden Swift”.

http://stores.ebay.com/secondhand-stories
www.alibris.com/bookstore/secondha

DONATIONS to support postings, are appreciated but not necessary, may be made to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168

COMMENTS: Only those sent to LWDcomment@aol.com are received.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home