Thursday, December 11, 2008

THANK YOU GOD

Wednesday was a good day – the Study Buddy session went well, I, once again, did not overwork, dinner at church was very good and the program that followed was the high point of the day.

One of the first points made by the speaker was that few people remember what they did on September 10, 2001 but most have vivid memories of the following day.

When I returned home, I consulted my journal and found several items for September 10. Among them were: Doing some necessary work for an older sister who counted on me for support – she passed away less than a month later; I had a long talk with my younger sister – she passed away about five years later; and I had dinner and spent the evening with my beloved Lady Friend – she passed away about two years later. Good memories!

Our speaker was David Beamer, father of Todd Beamer – probably the best known of the heroes who caused United Airlines flight 93 to crash near Shanksville, Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001 after it had been commandeered by Islamic terrorists. Those heroes undoubtedly saved untold numbers of innocents from death that day.

David spoke of the faith of his family and that of Todd in particular and of how the saving grace of Jesus Christ, available to all, is necessary to have real faith in our own life after death.

Thank you God for many things but certainly for the large number of American heroes who have served you and our country.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home