Monday, June 6, 2011

THE RETURN OF THE BLOGGER

THE RETURN OF THE BLOGGER

Today Linden will cover his activities that have not been addressed in this blog previously. A return to political matters should occur on the morrow.

Friday 5-27-11: Men’s Prayer Breakfast at 6:00. Went to the post office twice, to a store, the church, Pier 14, met two guys for lunch, and started packing. When I had returned home there was a bag containing 16 Ireland related references hanging on the door. Not sure who left this stash.

Saturday 5-28-11: Corresponded with Brian and Julie and went to a high school graduation open house. Back home, Mary Beth brought the Owens kids over to say “goodbye.” I had said mine to the parents earlier.

Sunday 5-29-11: The Owens family left for Haiti before I arose. I went to church and Sunday school. Judy Eltzroth fainted in class.

Monday 5-30-11: I believe there were 48 of us, mostly from Plainfield Christian Church, on the bus at 7:00 enroute Johnson Bible College, Knoxville, TN. Also, six other drove cars there. We had two or three rest stops and ate lunch in Lexington, KY. We stayed occupied on the bus and arrived at the college around 3:30. A total of 275 people were to attend this session of Senior Saints in the Smokies. We had a very good evening meal followed by the welcome and good music and then ice cream before going to our respective rooms.

Tuesday 5-31-11: Breakfast at 7:00 followed by music and study of the book of Jude. Then, a study presented by the great David Wheeler regarding the incredible father of the Prodigal Son. A buffet lunch followed the study. We packed a sack lunch for our evening meal. In the evening, music, a sermon, and ice cream.

Wednesday 6-1-11: A repeat of Tuesday morning except that the class, “Walking the Midway of Life” was presented by the great Betty Gray. Another fine lunch. I went to the library and checked out “The Epic Of Gilgamesh.” It didn’t hold my interest. Betty Gray gave a dramatic presentation regarding Irena Sendler. In the evening, since it was so hot, we had our “State Fair” dinner in the dining room. As part of that, Peggy Hileman asked me to talk about Indiana. Since I received several nice comments, I guess I stumbled through it ok.

Thursday 6-2-11: At breakfast I talked so long to a couple of students that I was quite late for the morning worship program. I went to the first hour of a Facebook presentation and got questions answered. I returned the library book, had lunch and packed for the evening meal. Had the usual evening program and ice cream.

Friday 6-3-11: We had a prayer circle at 7:00 and, after a light breakfast, were on the way home before 8:00. Had lunch in Lexington and were in Plainfield before 5:00. This was my 7th time to attend Senior Saints. Love it! This has to be the only college in the world where the President wipes off each tray and greets each person as they go to their meals. Brian called for a good visit after I got home.

Saturday 6-4-11: Mens meeting at Kingsway at 7:00…found out that it was Lloyd who had left me books on Ireland. I got partially caught up on my mail and computer stuff.

Sunday 6-5-11: Morning church and Sunday school. Went to a high school graduation open house in the afternoon. Also, talked a bit with Eric, who with his wife and young son had moved into the Mission House last Wednesday. He is now part of the PCC staff.
--
Link to a country song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyYa_JLRBuE&feature=related

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home