Monday, October 29, 2012

MEN'S PRAYER BREAKFAST

CONTENTS:
Subject Of The Day
Mostly About Me
Blatant Self Promotion
-----
MEN’S PRAYER BREAKFAST
This may be a strange title for a politically oriented blog posting but it will have to do. About Linden’s favorite portion of any week starts at 6:00 on Friday mornings and lasts an hour. The format is usually breakfast, prayer, and bible study. Weekly attendance is around 75 men.

As the 10-26-12 meeting was about ready to start, Enoch Nyador came in and sat beside me…we had a nice visit and, later, he gave an update of his efforts with his ministry in Ghana. He was aware of my being involved in the New Hampshire Presidential primary election and we shared laughs over that effort. He also said that he listens to the CD of my music as he travels, he will be traveling around the area for the next few days. Good to see him.

Also at my table was local attorney Greg Black. He brought me up to date regarding an effort by Orly Taitz to block Obama from being on the Indiana ballot. I admire her work and Greg’s involvement. Apparently the judge hearing the case accepted that Obama’s birth certificate is a forgery but, since the complainant is not a candidate, the case will not go forward at this time. A related link appears below.
--
http://obamaballotchallenge.com/indiana-judge-hears-obama-forgery-evidence-from-orly-taitz
-----
MOSTLY ABOUT ME       lswift8@aol.com
Friday brought the breakfast mentioned above and, in the evening, I had a good dinner at the McPhails.

On Saturday, I had breakfast at The Legion, watched I.U. win a football game, and had a phone visit with Brian.

Sunday brought church and Sunday school attendance…Norm and Jill gave me a very nice new Bible…I was touched. Talked to Brian again as I watched the Colts win a game. In the evening, we had a pitch-in dinner at church followed by a presentation by Todd and Tami Carter who have recently returned from Tanzania. They and their three children stayed in the Mission House for a couple of nights.
-----
BLATANT SELF PROMOTION:
My book of the week “WHY NOT RUN FOR PRESIDENT???” is concerned with my January 2012 run for the presidency in New Hampshire. . On-line orders are processed by  http://www.augustinservices.com/   Lindenwould  authors offered are Robert Shelton, Edna Swift  Northerner, and  Linden Swift.

My song of the week “THERE’S A LIGHT” is another sad song. The picture shown while it plays is of me while I was on my pilgrimage in Spain. Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPdZujLGki8

Order my 13 song CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write … While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” by sending name, address, and your check for $8.00 to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home