Thursday, January 3, 2013

MY SOCIAL SECURITY

This posting was scheduled for 1-2-13, failed.
CONTENTS:
Subject Of The Day
Mostly About Me
Blatant Self Promotion
-----
MY SOCIAL SECURITY
Starting tomorrow I, as one of about 56 million Social Security recipients, will see my income increase $19.00 per month or roughly 63 cents per day. As is true of many of the other recipients, I will have no difficulty finding a place to use this windfall, my portion of the slightly more than one billion dollar total cost of this Washington decision. But, think of this: if this extra amount was not spent and the saving decision was made one thousand five hundred more times, our descendents would reap the benefits associated with having a balanced budget. It is well past the time that our “leaders” start reducing spending one billion dollars at a time. If you agree, start spreading this thought…if not, you may be part of the problem.
-----
MOSTLY ABOUT ME       lswift8@aol.com
My mini vacation from the rigors imposed by me constructing a blog posting five-days-a-week was enjoyable and probably did no harm to the thought processes of the remainder of the world. But, I’m back at it now.
On Christmas Eve, Julie, Jade, and Kenneth joined me for dinner and Candlelight Communion at church. They were back the next evening and I loved it! Because of the approaching heavy snow, they decided to make the five hour drive home starting late in the evening. Because of the snow, Brian and his family did not make the trip as planned. I got my car stuck in front of my place one time but Norm Stout got it out for me…I’m now a bit more careful about parking there. Normal activities (for me) occupied the rest of the time during this enjoyable mini vacation.
-----
BLATANT SELF PROMOTION:
My book of the week “MIND OVER FATTER” was the first book I wrote and published. It poses as a diet and exercise book. On-line orders are processed by  http://www.augustinservices.com/   Lindenwould  authors offered are Robert Shelton, Edna Swift  Northerner, and  Linden Swift.
The song from my CD this week is “Quittin’ Time on the Railroad” it tells the story of a sad railroader. The picture shown while the song plays is of me.  Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1UuIMx-Dgg&feature=related
Order my 13 song CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write … While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” by sending name, address, and your check for $8.00 to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home