Saturday, November 1, 2008

EMAILS AND CONGRESS

Following are two emails that Linden is unsure to whom they should be attributed:
Do you know?
What is America’s first line of missile interceptor defense that protects the entire United States?
Answer: 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard

What is the only National Guard Unit on permanent active duty?
Answer: The same unit.

Who is Commander in Chief of this Unit?
Answer: Governor Sarah Palin, Alaska

What U.S. governor is routinely briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counter terrorism?
Answer: Governor Sarah Palin, Alaska

What U.S. Governor has a higher security rating than either candidate of the Democrat Party?
Answer: Governor Sarah Palin, Alaska
-----
Subject: Dear Fellow Business Owners
As a business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama, may be our next President, and that my taxes and fees,will go up in a BIG way.
To compensate for these increases, I figure that the customer will have to see an increase in my fees to them of about 8%. I will also have to lay off 8 of my employees. This really bothered me as I treat my employees like family here and I will have a hard time choosing who will have to go. So this is what I did. I strolled through the parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on my employee’s cars. I have decided the folks that own these cars willbe the FIRST to be laid off. I can't think of a better way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know.
-----
“Waste Watch” surmises that the reason Congress has not moved as it should with spending bills is that they hope they can attach more spending after the election.
Waste Watch also considers a spending rating of less than 40% to be unfriendly to hostile to taxpayers: democrats averaged 5%. It named the following Senators, all democrats, to be the lowest rated: Daniel Akaka, Joe Biden, Robert Byrd, Hillary Clinton, Kent Conrad, Chris Dodd, Byron Dorgan, Daniel Inouye, Amy Klobuchar, Carl Levin, Harry Reid, Debbie Stabenow and Ron Wyden. Each were rated at ZERO!
IT IS YOUR MONEY THEY SPEND.
-----
LINDEN'S COMPOSITIONS:
Linden’s first CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” is now ready for purchase as are the six books he has written and/or published. Plainfield area sales at Secondhand Stories in the strip mall at Raceway & Rockville roads. Online, go to addresses below and inquire on “Linden Swift”.

http://stores.ebay.com/secondhand-stories
www.alibris.com/bookstore/secondha

DONATIONS to support postings, are appreciated but not necessary, may be made to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168

COMMENTS: Only those sent to LWDcomment@aol.com are received.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home