Thursday, November 6, 2008

LINDEN'S BUSY LIFE

The day before Election Day, Linden predicted that the stock market would fall 500 points if Obama were elected: He missed by 14 points. You do not want to know what he thinks is in store for your investments from this point.

Thursday 10-30: Took Enoch and Hayford to our Thursday breakfast meeting. They enjoyed it, as we did having them present. Only Jack was not present. This was the second time that those from a foreign country joined us. The rest of the day I read, used the computer, listened to music and handled phone calls.

Friday: Good Men’s Prayer Breakfast – Hayford spoke and Gary Weedman, President of Johnson Bible College, was present. Spent a little time later with Enoch and Hayford – showed them the “Stations of the Cross” pictures from Helingenkreutz, Austria. Pretty impressive to them as they have been to me. Got a haircut. Had no Halloweeners. Several good emails and conversations.


Saturday: Went with the Kingsway church men’s group to Chapel Rock Christian Church for a men’s prayer breakfast. Very good presentation by Fred Rodkey. Watched and listened to some football.

Sunday: Forgot to set my clock back an hour so my whole day was messed up! Went to Church and Sunday school but didn’t go to brunch. Brian left me a message that he was eating smoked oysters on crackers: We used to eat that occasionally years ago and had both forgotten how good they are. I’ll be trying some soon. Julie sent some cute Halloween pictures of Jade.

Monday: Went by the bookstore that sells my efforts. Had an email from the book printer that is trying to decipher the next book info I sent.

Tuesday: Coffee with the Tuesday coffee guys. I started the preliminary work on another book. Looked all over for a chili recipe that a friend gave me probably 25 years ago – I fixed it several times but couldn’t find the recipe. I did find a note from her: I really liked her but she was married so nothing ever developed.

Wednesday: The results of the Presidential election are one of the major disappointments I’ve had in my long life. I’m beginning to understand why they call our educational system a failure.
Had a Study Buddy session; picked up some political signs I had distributed – some had been stolen. Over the years I have been aware of the theft of many Republican signs but can not recall hearing of the theft of a democrat sign. This has helped cement in my mind that, generally speaking, democrats are a lower class. Hayford came over from the Mission House: I fixed us some hot chocolate with marshmallows: He loves marshmallows. Evening dinner and program at Church.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home