Monday, November 17, 2008

LINDEN'S LIFE UPDATE

Now that the election is over, Linden will probably adjust his posting focus, as follows: Monday and Friday, Linden’s Activities, if any. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, other items – probably mostly political in nature.
-----
WRITING UPDATE:
The printer says that my 7th book should be produced in early December. Also, I have 3 other books planned and started the preliminary work on each of them this week.
-----
NOW, LINDEN'S LIFE:
Thursday 11-13: Had our usual enjoyable breakfast meeting with all five of us present. The Church staff prepared and served their annual Thanksgiving luncheon for the “Golden Glows.” They served a cran-raspberry jello salad, roasted turkey, sweet potato casserole, dressing with turkey gravy, rolls, apple butter, pecan or pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and tea or coffee. Wonderful meal. This was followed by a program by the Avon High School Choral Singers. It was great, too.
As I went home, I waved to the occupant of a car that was just coming out of the lane leading to the Mission House and my cottage. I thought I knew who was in the car and it turned around and followed me to my parking spot. I got out to see what this person wanted and it was my daughter, Julie. She was in Indiana on business and was enroute from a place maybe 50 miles North of Plainfield to another town about 50 miles South. She had stopped in Brownsburg and bought me a huge slab of the best peanut brittle I’ve ever had! Very short stay but I was surely happy to see her and love the candy.

Friday: Had good biscuits and gravy at our Men’s Prayer Breakfast. Since I had experienced another restless night, I was a deadhead all day long. Julie and Jade picked me up in the evening and we went to dinner at a nice restaurant. Jade had just gotten her six month shots and was slightly fussy for her – usually she neither cries or complains. She is now 17 pounds and 27 inches long. It was great to spend some time with the two of them.

Saturday: Had a breakfast meeting at Kingsway church: Great food! Also had a writers group meeting at 10:00. Back home, read the paper, listened to and watched a little football and did nothing else worth mentioning.

Sunday: Church, Sunday School, brunch with friends, paper reading and watched the Colts win a football game. Talked to Brian for a bit and went to evening services at Church.
-----
GIFT GIVING?
Any of Linden’s six books or his first CD could be what you are looking for: They are inexpensive and not everybody has one.

The CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” features Linden’s original compositions. The book subject matter ranges from political through poetry, baseball, prayer, cryptograms and Linden’s pilgrimage in Spain at age 75.

Plainfield area sales at Secondhand Stories in the strip mall at Raceway & Rockville roads. Online, go to addresses below and inquire on “Linden Swift”.

http://stores.ebay.com/secondhand-stories
www.alibris.com/bookstore/secondha

DONATIONS to support postings, are appreciated but not necessary, may be made to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168

COMMENTS: Only those sent to LWDcomment@aol.com are received.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home