Thursday, November 13, 2008

LINDEN'S LIFE

It has been a week since the election and Linden’s life is not yet appreciably better!
-----
Thursday 11-6: We had our usual breakfast meeting; we laughed a lot in spite of the election results. Another trip to the dermatologist: Got another prescription and they cut out three suspicious areas on my back. I proofed the book preparation files the printer sent: Looks pretty good to me.

Friday: Men’s Prayer Breakfast at 6:00. Hayford came by from the Mission House to return some stuff. In the evening, I took the bandages off of the wounds on the back – one place was really hard to reach – had to find a back scratcher and hook a corner of it and then had trouble putting the salve on it.

Saturday: Slept poorly (again) and was up early: Was sleepy all day. Napped some. Called my old brother-in-law in Illinois for a long visit and Thuc called me later. His Navy son is getting promoted and Thuc is going to California for the occasion; Jennifer is now in her third year of medical training – wants to specialize in ear, nose and throat. His younger son, Long, is now in his third year of college and just participated in a Navy Seal type contest: finished number one out of about one thousand.

Sunday: Church, Sunday School, Hayford spoke about Ghana in this class, brunch, paper reading, a bit of TV watching and we had our annual congregational at evening church.

Monday: Had some computer related difficulty in posting my blog. Had a nice lunch with a friend and Brian called later in the day for a nice visit.

Tuesday: Had a GOP Roundtable meeting at 7:00 then joined some other guys for coffee. I slept poorly again last night so; every time I sat down I napped off.

Wednesday: Had my “Study Buddy” session at 9:00 then went to the credit union to pay a bill. While driving, I heard a bit of the Laura Ingraham radio show and was not favorably impressed with her guest. I think he was some liberal black guy with a name something like “Trey.” Sounded dumb. He referred to Sarah Palin saying something like “I’m a feminist, whatever that is.” He thought that showed a lack of rational thought. Since there must be fifty different versions of what constitutes a feminist, she was absolutely correct.
Dinner and program at Church, then went by the Mission House: Enoch is back from his travels and had called me to say that the TV picture was blurry. I told John Dingman at dinner and he had already been to check on it when I got to the House. So, I did nothing.
-----
GIFT GIVING?
Any of Linden’s six books or his first CD could be what you are looking for: They are inexpensive and not everybody has one.

The CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” features Linden’s original compositions. The book subject matter ranges from political through poetry, baseball, prayer, cryptograms and Linden’s pilgrimage in Spain at age 75.

Plainfield area sales at Secondhand Stories in the strip mall at Raceway & Rockville roads. Online, go to addresses below and inquire on “Linden Swift”.

http://stores.ebay.com/secondhand-stories

www.alibris.com/bookstore/secondha

DONATIONS to support postings, are appreciated but not necessary, may be made to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168

COMMENTS: Only those sent to LWDcomment@aol.com are received.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home