Friday, November 21, 2008

MORE LINDEN'S LIFE

Monday 11-17: After going to the grocery and post office, I spent most of the day doing minor household tasks, reading and writing a bit. Read a great blog entry that I will mention again at the end of my talking about me.

Tuesday: Fasting is not something I do well at all but that was the order of the day before reporting to The VA hospital shortly after noon. Following the blood draw, I had coffee and two cream cheese filled bagels. The rest of the appointment was good enough but it was unproductive after I returned home.

Wednesday: Shortly after 9:00, I received a call reminding me of my doctor appointment tomorrow. I thought, “I do not need to be reminded – I’m not likely to forget.” About 30 minutes later, I received a call from Karen at Brentwood Elementary School. She was just checking on my welfare and said that if I hadn’t answered the phone she and Diana White were going to come check on me. Very nice of them! It seems that I had completely forgotten my Study Buddy session with my second grade student. I felt like a fool.
I took our church intern to lunch. It was very good as was our conversations. He had read and liked the play that will appear in my forthcoming book. I had dinner at Church and stayed for part of the program but got to feeling bad and came home early.

Thursday: Had the usual pleasant breakfast meeting with Bill, Chuck, Jack and Paul. After reading the paper, etc, went to the appointment with the dermatologist. He said the three items he had removed from my back last week were not malignant. Pretty good news. Mostly did paperwork after returning home and exchanged several emails with Brian and Julie.

Now, about the two blogs that I enjoy enough that I check for a posting practically every day.

http://sherbitter.livejournal.com/ Takes you to my friend, Sharon.

http://www.wifeinthenorth.com/ “Remembrance Days” posted November 13, will almost for sure bring tears to your eyes.

Brian shared a writing with me that I liked very much, as I did a rebuttal which appeared at the end of the posting. Inquire on “ a modern parable” then click on “The Cenek Report.
-----
GIFT GIVING?
Any of Linden’s six books or his first CD could be what you are looking for: They are inexpensive and not everybody has one.

The CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” features Linden’s original compositions. The book subject matter ranges from political through poetry, baseball, prayer, cryptograms and Linden’s pilgrimage in Spain at age 75.

Plainfield area sales at Secondhand Stories in the strip mall at Raceway & Rockville roads. Online, go to addresses below and inquire on “Linden Swift”.

http://stores.ebay.com/secondhand-stories
www.alibris.com/bookstore/secondha

DONATIONS to support postings, are appreciated but not necessary, may be made to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168

COMMENTS: Only those sent to LWDcomment@aol.com are received.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home