Monday, June 20, 2011

RATING HOLIDAYS

CONTENTS Subjects of the day – Wednesday, Bible review
Linden’s Life
Other Stuff
Your Comments
-----
RATING HOLIDAYS
Since both Christmas and Easter are linked so closely to the birth, works, death, and ascension of Jesus Christ, those two holidays have to be rated as tied for first in importance. Not everyone will agree with the relative importance of the next two holidays.
Since Linden’s birthday on January 4 is often referred to as being the first holy day of the year, it has to be rated third and Father’s Day comes in as a close fourth.
--
Link to an article about honor:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/06/the_honor_of_leftists_and.html
Link to a Shiver article regarding golf:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/06/the_golf_summit.html
Link to Eddy Arnold singing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID1_15EK-Ck&feature=fvwrel
-----
LINDEN’S LIFE
Friday: Awakened at 3:30…I hate days when that happens, I end up being a dead head all day. Was at Men’s Prayer Breakfast at 6:00…Sandi was cleaning my place while I was there. Went to the post office and then to a funeral at 1:30…we lost a Republican stalwart. Went to a very nice dinner celebrating the results of our Town election in the evening: There were probably 25 present and I was the only one who was unmarried.
Saturday: Was at Kingsway for breakfast with the guys there at 7:30 and to the writers group meeting at 10:00. Intended to go to Danville to meet our future Governor at 1:00 but my aching back told me to go home.
Sunday: attended church and Sunday school…didn’t get home until about noon…Brian had left me a message. Later, he and Julie called to visit a bit. Later, Rhonda called to ask me to come to her place…she was having a family gathering. Nice of her but I stayed home. Forgot to mention that I received a big box of snack food from Julie on Friday…I have not yet finished off all of the snacks she brought me at Christmas. Will soon.
-----
OTHER STUFF
Primary JUNE donation focus: local charity plus Johnson Bible College http://www.jbc.edu/
Feel free to make others aware of this blog and our efforts to support worthwhile political and social causes.
----
YOUR COMMENTS
The comments link below has been disabled and anything that gets through by accident goes to spam. Send comments or questions to LWDcomment@aol.com
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home