Tuesday, August 23, 2011

RICHARD MOURDOCK

Monday was Linden’s first opportunity to speak to Richard Mourdock at any length since the Republican State Convention before his first term as Indiana State Treasurer. He is now opposing Richard Lugar in the current race to be the Senator from Indiana.
Luckily, I was one of the group invited by Kent to meet with Mr. Mourdock on Monday morning. He is still as impressive as he was those few years ago. In this posting, rather than attempting to quote Mr. Mourdock verbatim, I’ll state Linden’s position on a few items mentioned by him and/or some of the attendees and say that I believe that Mr. Mourdock’s position mirrors my own.
Regulatory agencies are strangling business.
The 17th Amendment and Federal Reserve act of 1913 should be repealed.
When elected, Mr. Mourdock will continue to live in Evansville.
The present energy policy is a disaster.
--
Link to classical music by Grieg:
--
LINDEN’S LIFE
Chuck picked me up at about 10:45 to attend Kent’s meeting. Following that we went for a spot of lunch at Panera Bread. He took me by the book store where I had ordered an item…they could find no record of the order. Shortly after I returned home, the book store called and said they had found the item. So, I went by the post office, the credit union, and the book store again and all was well for the day. For dinner, I fixed fresh tomatoes with cottage cheese, and ear of corn, and two donuts that I had picked up at Kent’s.
--
Feel free to make others aware of this blog and our efforts to support worthwhile political and social causes.
The comments link below has been disabled and anything that gets through by accident goes to spam. Send comments or questions to LWDcomment@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home