Tuesday, April 3, 2012

RUSH, #1 NEWS SOURCE

CONTENTS:
Subject Of The Day
Mostly About Me
Blatant Self Promotion
-----
RUSH, #1 NEWS SOURCE
It is possible that Linden has previously mentioned his disappointment with the MSM: on Monday, a snippet of the Rush Limbaugh radio show was devoted to a bit of terrible reporting by NBC. In it, a recording of the George Zimmerman  call to the 911 dispatcher was patently altered to make it sound like he was being very racist.: the question from the dispatcher was edited out. This gave the race baiters the opportunity to go nuts. Again.
-----
MOSTLY ABOUT ME
Got a haircut and read my mail. Still having computer complaints. Here is a poem that I sent to Sharon Herbitter almost three years ago:

A SONNET FOR SHARON

A very good life it has been,
mostly clean living with just a little sin,
I read the Good Book from time to time
and wrote some prose and some that rhyme.
I have to admit it's not to my taste
but I helped to finance government waste.
I'm proud to live in this land of the free
and a very good model I've tried to be.

In six more months and fourteen days
I'll have to raise a song of praise
for having lived in this vale of tears
for not a day less than eighty years,
just one goal left in this life of mine:
I'd like to finish reading "Caroline."

“Caroline” was a book she was writing, had completed about 80% of it and then stopped writing…she has now resumed and you can read the chapters as she posts them to her blog at www.sherbitter.com …she started on March 28 so you will have to go to “older posts” at the bottom of her blog to start with chapter one. I think it is a great piece of writing.
-----
BLATANT SELF PROMOTION:
My book of the week “MAKING MEALS, MANAGING MONEY, AND LIVING LIFE” provides guidance in those three areas for those who need basic information. On-line orders are processed by  http://www.augustinservices.com/   Lindenwould  authors offered are Robert Shelton, Edna Swift  Northerner, and  Linden Swift.
My song of the week “IT’S A SOMETIMES WORLD” illustrates the meaning of the title. The picture shown while it plays is probably a good one but I, using dial-up, didn’t wait long enough to see it. Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxyfDyknho

Order the 13 song CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write … While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” by sending name, address, and your check for $7.00 to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home