Monday, March 19, 2012

FUNDING RECREATIONAL ANYTHING

CONTENTS:
Blatant Self Promotion
Subject Of The Day
Other Stuff
-----
BLATANT SELF PROMOTION:
My book of the week “MIND OVER FATTER” was the first book I wrote and published. It poses as a diet and exercise book. On-line orders are processed by  http://www.augustinservices.com/   Lindenwould  authors offered are Robert Shelton, Edna Swift  Northerner, and  Linden Swift.
My song of the week “SONG OF THE MOUNTAIN WIND” is about a mountain girl who was done wrong. The picture shown while it plays is of Julie, Kenneth and myself at their wedding. Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRAx8uugjDw

Order the 13 song CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write … While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” by sending name, address, and your check for $7.00 to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168
-----
FUNDING RECREATIONAL ANYTHING
One day last week Linden was working at his desk and paying little attention to the talk radio show which was playing in the background. Then, something did surface which caught his attention: the caller wondered why if there is support for funding items associated with recreational sex, why would not all other forms of recreation be funded? Good question!
Is our government in such a good financial position that those charged with leadership of our country are actively searching for things to spend taxpayer or borrowed funds? Is it time to replace a goodly number of these “public servants”? Until two years ago, Linden would occasionally play golf, that does not seem to call for government funding. If you are a regular reader, you know there is a lot of government spending that Linden does not agree with. 
-----
OTHER STUFF:
Friday started with Men’s Prayer Breakfast: Rick brought me some maple syrup which was made at McCloud Nature Park. Julie picked me up at 5:30 in the evening…we had dinner with friends in Lebanon. She was sickly.
Saturday brought the men’s group meeting at Kingsway at 7:30… I left early to attend the program at Plainfield Christian. It was really great! Frank Turek spoke and how much faith it takes to be an atheist. Jill bought me his book Julie, who is still sick, and Jade came by in the evening. I read Cinderella and The Cat In The Hat to Jade. Julie and I watched the first half of the I.U. game…a really great game. I watched the second half alone. I.U. won. Sunday brought church, Steve spoke on Job again, and Sunday school. John finished the study of Ruth. I had a nice phone visit with Brian and Alison and Julie called to say she was nearing home and was still sick. It was a pretty good weekend for me.
-----

1 Comments:

Blogger Blackberry said...

What are you talking about?

March 19, 2012 at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home