Tuesday, March 13, 2012

IS OUR DEBT CRISIS PUZZLING?

CONTENTS:
Blatant Self Promotion
Subject Of The Day
Other Stuff
-----
BLATANT SELF PROMOTION:
My book of the week “OUTSTANDING NATIONAL LEAGUE BASEBALL PITCHERS OF THE LAST 42 YEARS” was published in 1987 and is is my rating of older pitchers. On-line orders are processed by  http://www.augustinservices.com/   Lindenwould  authors offered are Robert Shelton, Edna Swift  Northerner, and  Linden Swift.
My song of the week “THERE’S A LIGHT” is another sad song. The picture shown while it plays is of me while I was on my pilgrimage in Spain. Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPdZujLGki8

Order the 13 song CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write … While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” by sending name, address, and your check for $7.00 to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168
-----
IS OUR DEBT CRISIS PUZZLING?
If your answer to this question is yes, please do not consider joining a think tank. If Linden is thinking correctly, it would require 1,000 taxpayers, each paying $10,000.00 in federal taxes to provide a total of ten million dollars. That, according to the link below, is the amount of prize money that the Department of Energy awarded to a company for designing a light bulb that will cost consumers $50.00 each. An attitude that would allow an agency to spend that kind of money for an item that is not worth a penny is exactly why our debt crisis exists. Congress, at the least, should reduce the funding of the Department of Energy by ten million dollars and should require those responsible to attend classes on rational budgeting.
--
Link to another gov’t waste article:
Link to a related song video: H/T Bill
-----
OTHER STUFF:
I started Monday by attending the Legislative Breakfast in Danville at 7:00. The Indiana legislative session ended early Saturday morning. I had lunch and a nice visit with Tyler at Chicago’s Pizza. The evening meal at home was not nearly as good as the first two meals. During the course of the day, I sent the edited copy of my 11th book to Ronda at Augustin printing. In the evening Scott Manson came by to try to identify a computer problem I’ve been having. Probably tomorrow I will know re the level of success.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home