Friday, July 6, 2012

AMERICAN HISTORY

CONTENTS:
Subject Of The Day
Mostly About Me
Blatant Self Promotion
-----
AMERICAN HISTORY
The very capable Walter Williams was the July 5 host of the Rush Limbaugh radio show. He is always interesting and, on this show, presented some quotes that I greatly appreciated. I found a copy of one of them but couldn’t find the other one that I really liked. Here is a copy of the one I found:

“Resolved, that the several States composing the United States of America, are not united on the principle of unlimited submission of their general government…whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force.”
---Thomas Jefferson,/Draft Kentucky resolutions/(1798/

Bill forwarded me the following Japanese surrender clip:

Then, I thought that you may need this bit of culture video:
Many years ago, in one of his less lucid moments, Linden attempted to dance to this ballet music.
-----
MOSTLY ABOUT ME       lswift8@aol.com
Thursday started with the pleasant breakfast with the guys. From there, I went to the post office to pick up my mail then, home where I stayed most of the rest of the day. Another really hot day outside. I had slept really poorly the previous night so was a dead head all day. Brian told me that Alison’s soccer injury will require surgery…tore two ligaments and her meniscus. 
-----
BLATANT SELF PROMOTION:
My book of the week “GOD IS ALSO WRATH” was written to illustrate that “God Is Love” is an incomplete statement. On-line orders are processed by  http://www.augustinservices.com/   Lindenwould  authors offered are Robert Shelton, Edna Swift  Northerner, and  Linden Swift.

My song of the week “OUR RAINBOW” is a sad song but the picture shown while it plays is of the most beautiful woman in the world. Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIxXrg8hqyU

Order my 13 song CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write … While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” by sending name, address, and your check for $7.00 to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home