Monday, July 2, 2012

THE OBAMACARE DECISION

CONTENTS:
Subject Of The Day
Mostly About Me
Blatant Self Promotion
-----
THE OBAMACARE DECISION
Realizing that Justice Roberts is almost undoubtedly smarter than Linden does not alter the fact that some very, very smart people have made mistakes. Linden will continue to think that the bill as written must be unconstitutional and, even if not, is highly undesirable. The link below expands upon this belief. Linden was much impressed with a Gary Varvel cartoon which appeared in the July 1 Indianapolis Star: a panel labeled “Then” showed a picture of Nancy Pelosi holding a large package labeled “Obamacare” while she said, “We have to pass the bill to see what’s in it…” and the next panel labeled “Now”, showing Justice Roberts holding the opened package and saying, “It’s a tax increase.” Good cartoon, good link, bad decision.
--
-----
MOSTLY ABOUT ME       lswift8@aol.com
Friday brought Men’s Prayer Breakfast at 6:00 and not much else of note. It was hot and I was weak. Had a nice long phone visit with Julie…on of my very favorite things to do. About a dozen raindrops fell on my front stoop in the early evening.
Saturday was a lot like Friday…Brian left me a message while I was out. I received word that my cousing, Bill Swift, passed away on Friday.
Sunday brought church and Sunday school. Kent dropped by to see me in the afternoon. Brian called to tell me that Alison was hurt while playing soccer and will see a doctor on Monday.
-----
BLATANT SELF PROMOTION:
My book of the week “GOD IS ALSO WRATH” was written to illustrate that “God Is Love” is an incomplete statement. On-line orders are processed by  http://www.augustinservices.com/   Lindenwould  authors offered are Robert Shelton, Edna Swift  Northerner, and  Linden Swift.

My song of the week “OUR RAINBOW” is a sad song but the picture shown while it plays is of the most beautiful woman in the world. Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIxXrg8hqyU

Order my 13 song CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write … While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” by sending name, address, and your check for $7.00 to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home