Tuesday, April 16, 2013

SHARON AND CAROLINE

CONTENTS:
Subject Of The Day
Mostly About Me
-----
SHARON AND CAROLINE

 

A SONNET FOR SHARON

A very good life it has been,
mostly clean living with just a little sin,
I read the Good Book from time to time
and wrote some prose and some that rhyme.
I have to admit it's not to my taste
but I helped to finance government waste.
I'm proud to live in this land of the free
and a very good model I've tried to be.

In six more months and fourteen days
I'll have to raise a song of praise
for having lived in this vale of tears
for not a day less than eighty years,
just one goal left in this life of mine:
I'd like to finish reading "Caroline."

 
Around four years ago Sharon Herbitter, the niece of good friends, sent me several chapters of a story she called “Caroline”. I liked it very much and a few months later penned and sent her the above sonnet. This past Sunday, April 14, 2013, she sent me the completed story. It was worth waiting for…I hope so much that she finds the best possible person or organization to make it available to the public at large. I will buy more than one copy.

Linden realizes that this is largely a political blog. But, some things are more important than comments about a largely incompetent bunch of “leaders”. Caroline is more important.
-----
MOSTLY ABOUT ME       lswift8@aol.com

On Monday I spent a goodly amount of time on the computer, a lesser amount going through my mail and followed this with a very enjoyable lunch with Laura at a Danville restaurant. She had just returned from a vacation with her sisters and her mother. Her mother lives in Arizona. They had a great time together, particularly while at a resort in Mexico.  In the evening I attended a CDCMF meeting at Fair Haven Christian Church. I ate more than I needed and the program was about estate planning.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home