Wednesday, November 7, 2007

HOPE BUTTRESSED

Today, for the first time in a long, long, long, long time, I did not ask myself why I continue to subscribe to The Indianapolis Star. Oh yeah, I love the cartoon work of Gary Varvel, I enjoy working the Sudoku puzzle, but the "news" and editorial pages are, in my view, the meat and potatoes of a first class newspaper. The headline today, in very large print, screamed "BALLARD STUNS PETERSON".

I believe it was on the Greg Garrison radio show where I heard that six months ago Greg Ballard had $10,000.00 and virtually no name recognition. His opponent, at that time had millions in his campaign warchest and widespread name recognition. It is said that their final funding was approximately $300,000.00 to $3,000,000.00 respectively. This upset in a population area of roughly twice the size of a Congressional District provides hope and support for Linden's posting of October 14 entitled "Help Wanted In The U.S. Congress".

The election of Greg Ballard could and should propel the powers that be in the 15 States and 39 Congressional Districts mentioned in the "Help Wanted" posting with adequate reason to FIND A CANDIDATE.

Linden feels encouraged today!

------


Send comments to: LWDcomment@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home