Wednesday, November 28, 2007

THANKSGIVING REVISITED

In my most recent posting I listed a few of the blessings that accrue to me not only at Thanksgiving time but, many of them, every day of the year. Then, I proceeded to spend a few days with old friends, Peter and Lisa Smith in Portland, Maine. I arrived there in the late afternoon of Thanksgiving day but still in time for the dinner. I believe there were about 20 people there, some of whom I had previously met. Wonderful meal!

I was there for six most enjoyable days. I just joined in what is their normal daily activities and we sampled the wares of several restaurants. My favorite was probably a Spanish restaurant where Lisa and I enjoyed several foods that were well prepared. I, probably thanks to Lisa, got an idea for a short story which I started roughing out on the flight back from Portland to Detroit.

Undoubtedly, for me, the most memorable time was those hours we spent in Peter's recording studio. Peter is a great musician and I had always felt that my singing voice was one of the worst in the world. I had composed 13 songs that I wished to leave as the major portion of the inheritance of my children. My singing was not as bad as I feared it would be and the end result is that this CD may be a part of the LINDENWOULD marketing effort - maybe as early as January.

The return home plane was delayed for quite a while in Detroit but the pilot made up some of the time and we arrived in Indy less than an hour later than expected. Friend Jack picked me up (friend Bill had taken me to the airport as the trip started) and in a short time, I was home.

The house was freezing cold - apparently the heating apparatus had gone south for the winter - so, I found a couple of electric heaters, turned on the oven and opened the oven door, found a heavy blanket and slept good enough in my downstairs recliner. Awakened just in time to get ready to go work with my Study Buddy at the elementary school.

I remain thankful.
-----

Send comments to LWDcomment@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home