Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A WORTHY MODEL

This was not originally planned to be the subject of today's posting. Before daylight, while scanning the morning paper, I read the not unexpected obituary of Gene Dulin. My command of the English language will not allow me to express my respect for this Worthy Model. First, I will repeat a portion of a letter I sent Gene in April of this year.

"Had it not been for your God given vision, ability and determination fifty or more years ago, I would not have recently completed a seventeen day mission trip to Haus Edelweiss in Austria. I am sure that the other seven members of the contingent representing Plainfield Christian Church, the eight members from Greenwood Christian Church and the lone lady from Arizona would heartily echo my thanks to you.

I believe it was the most memorable happening and worthwhile involvement of my life. As one of the group of Short Term Workers, I can safely say that never before in any such time period have I laughed more, shed more tears or worked harder than I did on this mission trip. To say that I loved it would be a major understatement.

The fifty seven students from ten different countries were well served by staff, Long Term Workers, translators, and our group of Short Term Workers. Their appreciation of the food they were served was apparent. Three different students told me that it was like paradise and another expressed it as a little slice of Heaven. The prayers and singing in the different languages were great to listen to and we much enjoyed the Sunday services."

Gene occupied his recent years leading a very large Sunday School class, continuing his involvement with TCM in Austria and other locations, serving as a most knowledgeable resource in other areas involved with propagation of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and loving others.

You may rest assured that few others, and certainly not this writer, will leave a mark so worthy of emulation. God bless you Gene, you have blessed us.
-----

Send comments to LWDcomment@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home