Friday, November 9, 2007

EMERGING MEDIA GIANT

First, some housekeeping matters. As you know, I solicit comment and assistance from you readers. One matter of guidance I received was that it is customary to give a "hat tip" to those who have contributed in some form or another. It seems like a worthwhile custom. Therefore, Hat Tips to Bill IN, Chuck IN, Sharon AL, Lisa ME, Laura IN and Julie IL. There are probably others who should be listed but, as you may come to know, there are some who are more efficient than I am. Now, on to those matters relative to the title of this posting.

As this is the end of my first week of daily postings (no weekends,) I have to admit that I am pleased with the effort to this point. The first postings were almost one month ago. The first posting was initially read by one person. I believe that, at this time, there are probably 35 readers: A gain of 3500%!!!!

Recently, a friend notified me that the daily circulation of The Indianapolis Star (the paper I reluctantly subscribe to) had dropped 2.1%. I assume this is over a one year period of time.

Based upon this growth rate (or lack therof in the case of The Star,) I with great confidence predict that at the end of the first six months of posting, the readers of linden-would will have increased to over FIFTY TWO MILLION!!!! During this same period it appears that the readership of The Star will have dipped to BELOW ONE QUARTER MILLION. I do not rejoice at this latter statement: I would only suggest that they change their "news" and editorial coverage and position. "Liberal Rag" is beginning to fit.

This unheard of increase in readership of these postings will necessairily result in the need to employ one or more persons to process comments and probably a research assistant for the postings. It has been stated in one or more previous postings that Linden is a POOR OLD MAN. HE WILL NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE TO PROVIDE MUCH OF THE FUNDING NECESSARY FOR THIS FORTHCOMING EXPANSION.
-----

Send comments to LWDcomment@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home