Monday, June 30, 2008

LAST JUNE WEEKEND

LINDEN'S LIFE
This posting will be unusual to the extent that Linden will not be posting anything of a political nature: Just a report of his recent activities.
Friday, as usual, started with the early morning Men’s Prayer Breakfast. Peter Ignatius was the speaker. He and his wife manage an outreach in India. They stayed in our Mission House for a few days a couple of years ago when the House was located in downtown Plainfield. He gave a good talk. Back home, I did the blog posting, hung the “Swift Temper” horse race memento that Julie got for me, talked to Brian a bit – he and Sheri are taking a short vacation while his kids are with their mother in California. Rob Hoos and Jon Kemery came by my place for a visit. Rob was an intern at Church last summer and we spent some time together. Jon is a house parent at Pinehaven Christian Children’s Ranch in Montana. I hadn’t met him before: seems really nice.
Saturday I slept in a little (not much), read the paper, fixed some instant oatmeal and had the last piece of the Pecan Kringle Danish that Katia had sent to me. I continued with what I started a day or so ago – arranging my messy, paper cluttered living quarters. It is looking better. I may be falling into the trap of watching too much television: I rarely even turn the set on and last night I watched two movies and another one tonight. I do not remember the last time I did anything like that.
Sunday brought Church, Sunday School and brunch with friends. Justin White delivered the sermon today and did an excellent job. The subject was “conquering death.” Within the sermon he mentioned that he had checked a web site concerned with estimated date of death. When I got home, I checked http://www.deathclock.com/ to see what it could tell me: it basically said that I should have died almost five years ago and “have a good day.” I feel like a winner! Went to the very nice wedding of Rob and Amanda (Thomas) Hoos in the late afternoon. It was held outside on the Church property and was really nice: Jon Kemery played the bagpipes. The wedding was followed by a nice reception in our fellowship hall. This has been a good weekend.

-----
ADVERTISING
Linden’s first CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” is now ready for purchase as are the six books he has written and/or published. Plainfield area sales at The Uncommon Corner bookstore in downtown Plainfield or at Secondhand Stories in the strip mall at Raceway & Rockville roads. Online, go to addresses below and inquire on “Linden Swift”.

http://stores.ebay.com/secondhand-stories
www.alibris.com/bookstore/secondha

DONATIONS to support postings, are appreciated but not necessary, may be made to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168

COMMENTS: Only those sent to LWDcomment@aol.com are received.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home