Monday, July 28, 2008

WHY ME LORD?

When Kris Kristofferson wrote and recorded this great song in 1971, he was putting words and melody to the thought Linden has had many times. Last Thursday, these thoughts came more than once. Following the usual breakfast meeting, with Chuck, Jack, Paul and myself present, I went to the post office and received two packages. They were from Katia.

I very much enjoy corresponding with my good friend, Katia. I say we are good friends even though we have never met. We share an interest in a person I met in Austria last year. Katia knew her in Bulgaria. One of the packages from Katia contained two delicious Danish Kringles www.ohdanishbakery.com and the other had in it some of the best cookies (same bakery) that I’ve ever tasted. It also had two jars of Bulgarian honey in it. You would have to know how much I love sweets to know what a meaningful gift I received. Thank you Katia for blessing me. Why Me?

I first met Thuc, originally from Viet Nam, in 1989 when he joined our Indiana Dept. of Correction data processing group. He is now transferring to another State agency. Thursday night he had an appreciation dinner for some of those he was most closely associated with.

Present were Bob, our former Division Director, and his wife, Pati; Greg, who worked closely in system development with Thuc, and his wife, Wendy; Thuc's daughter, Jennifer, who will be a doctor; his Aunt, Li, and myself. Unfortunately, our former Division Secretary, Brenda, was unable to attend.

We had dinner at a very nice Greek restaurant and went to Thuc’s home for dessert and a good visit afterward. Thank you Thuc and friends for blessing me. Why Me?

Friday was highlighted by our early morning Men’s Prayer Breakfast and, later, Paul helping me clean leaves out of the house gutters. Saturday was just the normal household and paperwork tasks. Sunday was Church, Sunday school, brunch with friends, paper reading and evening services in the shady grove on the Church North property. Blest am I: Why Me, Lord? What have I ever done to deserve…
-----
LINDEN'S COMPOSITIONS
Linden’s first CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” is now ready for purchase as are the six books he has written and/or published. Plainfield area sales at The Uncommon Corner bookstore in downtown Plainfield or at Secondhand Stories in the strip mall at Raceway & Rockville roads. Online, go to addresses below and inquire on “Linden Swift”.

http://stores.ebay.com/secondhand-stories
www.alibris.com/bookstore/secondha

DONATIONS to support postings, are appreciated but not necessary, may be made to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168

COMMENTS: Only those sent to LWDcomment@aol.com are received.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home