Wednesday, October 5, 2011

MARK 1:1-45

This Gospel starts with John the Baptist preparing the way for Jesus by drawing large crowds for baptism and telling them that one more powerful and worthy than he would come.
Jesus did arrive and was baptized by John and a voice came from heaven, “You are my Son, whom I love, with you I am well pleased.” Jesus then went into the desert for forty days where he was tempted by Satan and attended to by angels.
John the Baptist was put in prison and Jesus went into Galilee where he called Simon, Andrew, James, and John to be his first disciples.
Jesus and the four went to Capernaum where Jesus taught, drove out evil spirits, and healed the sick, including the mother-in-law of Simon. He drew large crowds wherever he went.
--
Link to a hymn by Ferlin Husky:
--
LINDEN’S LIFE
On Tuesday, I dropped off my recyclables, went to the post office, and went to a nice store that I hadn’t visited before. They sell antiques, collectibles, and consignments. Back home, I reduced the large number of e-mails I had saved over the last three years. I printed out a goodly number before deleting them. I went to Indy Ink and Toner in Avon to get my black ink cartridge refilled. Back in the car, I placed the cartridge on top of a sack and a box of trash I intended to place in the dumpster next to Pier 14. Did that and when I pulled into my driveway, the ink cartridge was gone! Sure enough, it was in the dumpster…I had to get something to climb on to reach it and all ended well.
--
Feel free to make others aware of this blog and our efforts to support worthwhile political and social causes.
The comments link below has been disabled and anything that gets through by accident goes to spam. Send comments or questions to LWDcomment@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home