Friday, February 3, 2012

TERM LIMITS

CONTENTS:
Blatant Self Promotion
Subject Of The Day
Other Stuff
-----
BLATANT SELF PROMOTION:
My book of the week “A SWIFT: NOT JONATHAN” contains short stories, song lyrics, poetry, and a play.  On-line orders are processed by  http://www.augustinservices.com/   Lindenwould  authors offered are Robert Shelton, Edna Swift  Northerner, and  Linden Swift.
My song of the week “Quittin’ Time on the Railroad” is the story of a sad railroader. The picture shown while the song plays is of me.  Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1UuIMx-Dgg&feature=related
Order the 13 song CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write … While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” by sending name, address, and your check for $7.00 to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168
-----
TERM LIMITS:
Linden has probably mentioned term limits before. His thoughts in regard to the subject have wavered between the two extremes over the years. Now, he supports the concept but realizes that it is probably not going to happen unless there is some way to effect it without the need for legislative action. Our best bet, and that would also be difficult to effect, is to cause a majority of voters to refuse to vote for an incumbent who is attempting to serve longer than Perhaps 12 years. Richard Mourdock, who is attempting to unseat long serving Senator Lugar, recently stated his support for term limit legislation. You may find the following link to be interesting:
-----
OTHER STUFF:
Met with the other three guys for our usual pleasant breakfast at 8:00. I raised the prayer and did the reading. Later, I read my mail and the paper, did a load of wash, worked on my next book, and tried to update my Linkedin profile…it is not as user friendly as I would prefer. I am new to that social network.
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home