Monday, January 7, 2013

A BIT OF RELIGION

CONTENTS:
Subject Of The Day
Mostly About Me
Blatant Self Promotion
-----
A BIT OF RELIGION
Since some things are more important than politics, I thought I would focus on another area today. As mentioned earlier, my church was devoting 72 hours to continuous audible Bible reading starting Wednesday evening. My Sunday school class was there for a time on Thursday, I went back on Friday and on Saturday, went by to see the ending of the effort about 5 pm. The original time estimate was off by about six hours. I stayed until a little after 8:00 before hunger pains caused me to go home. I hear that they ended about midnight. I thought that it was just very nice and well done. I went to the monthly breakfast at Chapel Rock Christian Church on Saturday morning and, as always, Fred Rodkey presented a very good message. Steve White spoke on chapter 27 of Revelations at my church on Sunday and did the usual very good job, and John Lee provided another fun learning time during our Sunday school lesson.
The links below take you to a hymn and another old song.
The Hymn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGrBa0kVMr0
The other song: (actually a bunch of songs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNUlgaBAA_o&list=PLeC2WeKvjXcWIWONIJY0dCengF2fPeNzS
-----
MOSTLY ABOUT ME       lswift8@aol.com
As mentioned above, much of my time recently has been devoted to church related matters. Did watch Butler win another basketball game on Saturday and the Colts lose their game on Sunday. Had a long and enjoyable phone conversation with Lisa (Rubye’s daughter) and her husband, Peter, on Saturday. They live in Maine. He is working on putting together a CD… he played the guitar and recorded my CD.
-----
BLATANT SELF PROMOTION:
My book of the week “GOD IS ALSO WRATH” was written to illustrate that “God Is Love” is an incomplete statement. On-line orders are processed by  http://www.augustinservices.com/   Lindenwould  authors offered are Robert Shelton, Edna Swift  Northerner, and  Linden Swift.
The song from my CD this week “GOLDEN YEARS” is a religious song  The picture shown while the song plays is of me and our former Lieutenant Governor at an earlier political function.  Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsBunXuA1tQ
Order my 13 song CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write … While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” by sending name, address, and your check for $8.00 to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home