Friday, October 28, 2011

DESPAIR

Just a glance at the newspaper on Thursday was enough to throw Linden into a blue funk: news of President Obama continuing his re-election campaign by attempting to buy votes by trading taxpayer money for college loan debt reduction and that the Republican portion of the committee charged with the responsibility of attempting to whittle the budget wanted an insignificant reduction in spending over ten years while their democrat counterparts, of course, wanted to raise taxes was all it took. Aaaargh!
--
Link to an Ann Coulter column:
Link to hit music from 1915:
--
LINDEN’S LIFE
On Thursday, Bill, Chuck, Jack, and I were the attendees at our usual breakfast meeting at 8:00: always a good time. Later, I received a call from those attempting to deliver the books I’ve been expecting for a couple of days: they said they would try again on Friday. I went to the post office, a pharmacy, a store and came home to do a couple loads of wash. Also had a note sent by FAX to my VA doctor. It seemed like I hurried all day even though my list of involvements is not all that long. The song I linked to above was sung often at the party celebrating my discharge from the Air Force…although discharged, I played basketball with my team the next night and we lost for the first time in a very, very long time. Memories!
--
Feel free to make others aware of this blog and our efforts to support worthwhile political and social causes.
The comments link below has been disabled and anything that gets through by accident goes to spam. Send comments or questions to LWDcomment@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home