Monday, October 17, 2011

TOO OLD TO CRY?

This is one of those rare instances when Linden departs from his usual four postings per week being devoted to matters of political interest and his once per week religious focus. However, there are links to two articles which should hold the interest of the political junkie.
I had heard some mention of “The Way,” a movie about the St. James Way pilgrimage in Spain, being part of the Heartland Film Festival in Indianapolis. Following the Men’s Prayer Breakfast at church Friday, Dan Smith told me not to leave until he showed me a newspaper article that he thought was concerned with the pilgrimage I had taken in Spain at age 75. It resulted in my book, “An Old Man On The St. James Way.”
I borrowed the article, took it home, started reading it and memories started flooding back: soon, tears started in my bad eye and they were followed by more from the good one. I have always hated being overly emotional. Reviewing my writing did not cause the tears to abate.
To make a long story short, I, following the death of Rubye in June of 2003, knew that I needed to control my continuing grief. I have to believe that God made me aware of the pilgrimage. Lisa, Rubye’s daughter, was a major help in preparing me for the effort and Brian and Julie were supportive. I will not now mention the exertion, prayers, or mishaps involved…I did leave a Rubye related memento at a huge old iron cross in the mountains and four more such items at different kilometer markers at I walked the last 100 kilometers to the cathedral in Santiago.
When I returned home, I was in a much better mental condition but physically, I was a wreck. The aforementioned movie sounds like a good one that accurately touches upon some aspects of the trail…I am not sure that I would be able to view it.
--
Link to a Krauthammer article:
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=46856
Link to a Dodd-Frank related article:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/10/dodd-frank_disaster.html
Link to a good old country song by Tom T. Hall:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nizxZImh5N8&feature=related
--
LINDEN’S LIFE
Friday brought the things mentioned in the subject portion, above. Later, Lloyd came by to pick up clothes he had brought to see if I could use any of them…I kept a few items. I went to the post office, gas station, and grocery in the afternoon.
Saturday: Lloyd picked me up and we went to a men’s meeting at Kingsway, we had a very good meeting. From there, we went on to a Republican meeting in the Avon park…we were late but still in time to hear a good presentation by Todd Rokita. Listened to I.U. football and watched a couple of horse races in the afternoon.
Sunday: I attended church and Sunday school then spent the rest of the day at home…watched the Colts lose another game.
--
Feel free to make others aware of this blog and our efforts to support worthwhile political and social causes.
The comments link below has been disabled and anything that gets through by accident goes to spam. Send comments or questions to LWDcomment@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home