Tuesday, April 10, 2012

OBAMACARE

CONTENTS:
Subject Of The Day
Mostly About Me
Blatant Self Promotion
-----
OBAMACARE
Linden has made no secret of the fact that he hopes that Obamacare will be found to be unconstitutional or that those who find it to be constitutional are politically driven in the wrong direction. He agrees with these words which appeared in The Indianapolis Star’s Charles Krauthammer column April 7: “The administration’s case for the constitutionality of Obamacare was so thoroughly demolished in oral argument that one liberal observer called it ‘a train wreck.’ It is perfectly natural, therefore, that a majority of the court should side with the argument that had so clearly prevailed on its merits. That’s not partisanship. That’s logic. Partisanship is four Democrat-appointed justices giving lockstep support to a law passed by a Democratic Congress and a Democratic president – after the case for its constitutionality had been reduced to rubble.” Charles Krauthammer is a star!
-----
MOSTLY ABOUT ME  lswift8@aol.com
On Monday, I bought some donuts and other sweets and took them to Voter Registration in Danville where I was once again the first Hendricks County resident to vote in the primary election. Had nice visits while I was there. Later, went by the auto repair shop, a grocery, the gas station, the church, and picked up my mail. Gas was $36.00, less than the $60.00 than the little Toyota held the last time I bought gas. That means that I feel that those of you who voted for President Obama in the last election cost me an extra $48.00 for my last two gas purchases. No hard feelings! Doris and Harlene are two of the three church members who recently returned from working at Haus Edelweiss in Austria. Doris brought me some really good chocolates that Dimi sent me and I picked them up at her house and then, later, called Harlene to see how her trip went. I would love to go back there but am simply not strong enough to do the required work.
-----
BLATANT SELF PROMOTION:
My book of the week “A SWIFT: NOT JONATHAN” contains short stories, song lyrics, poetry, and a Christian play. Nothing I’ve written compares to Gulliver’s Travels. On-line orders are processed by  http://www.augustinservices.com/   Lindenwould  authors offered are Robert Shelton, Edna Swift  Northerner, and  Linden Swift.
The song from my CD this week is “I’VE GOT A PROBLEM” The picture shown while it plays is of me and my son arriving at my surprise 80th birthday party. Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2rg5ZhNIbU

Order the 13 song CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write … While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” by sending name, address, and your check for $7.00 to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home