Monday, August 6, 2012

FORGOTTEN RELIGIOUS HISTORY

CONTENTS:
Subject Of The Day
Mostly About Me
Blatant Self Promotion
-----
FORGOTTEN RELIGIOUS HISTORY
One of several complaints that Linden has regarding the current level of imparting knowledge in our school systems has to do with almost criminal lack of attention to historical facts and to the doctoring of what is reported in order to be politically correct. Ugggh! The link below tells the story better than Linden ever could.
--
-----
MOSTLY ABOUT ME       lswift8@aol.com
On Friday at Men’s Prayer Breakfast Bill brought the chocolates that Dimi and Kevin had sent from Austria via Jerray and Vicky. I love chocolate. In the evening, Paul and Judy picked me up and we joined Lloyd and Marsha at a good music concert at Hendricks County Senior Services in Danville. I had a couple of chocolate chip cookies and a piece of persimmon pudding while there. Good!
Saturday I attended a good men’s meeting at Chapel Rock Christian Church.  Did some benevolence related stuff. Madonna surprised me with one of her rare calls in the evening.
Sunday, I awakened before the alarm went off to the sound of RAIN. There was lightning and thunder and I was greatly pleased. Attended church, Sunday school, and had brunch with friends. In the afternoon, our bluegrass music and Southern gospel that I have mentioned went very well.
-----
BLATANT SELF PROMOTION:
My book of the week “AN OLD MAN ON THE ST. JAMES WAY” tells the story of my difficult pilgrimage in Spain in 2005. On-line orders are processed by  http://www.augustinservices.com/   Lindenwould  authors offered are Robert Shelton, Edna Swift  Northerner, and  Linden Swift.

The song from my CD this week is “I’VE GOT A PROBLEM” The picture shown while it plays is of me and my son arriving at my surprise 80th birthday party. Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2rg5ZhNIbU

Order my 13 song CD “Songs A Poor Old Police Department Retiree Might Write … While Waiting For His Meager Pension Check” by sending name, address, and your check for $8.00 to Linden Swift, Box 203, Plainfield, IN 46168
-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home