Thursday, December 20, 2007

THURSDAY 12-20

Linden may not possess the management skill necesary to result in, at the end of the day, this day being considered an overwall winner. This is despite some pleasant moments within the day.

It started with being wide awake shortly before 5:00 a.m. - the alarm was set for 7:00, a bit later than he usually arises. After checking email, reading some of the blogs and news sources he regularly refers to, he went back to bed around 6:00. After hitting the snooze alarm numberous times, he awakened sufficiently to realize that he had twenty minutes to make it to his regularly scheduled 8:00 meeting. Naturally, he was late.

Bill, Chuck, Paul and Jack are an unforgiving bunch and I may say that some of their words were hurtful. I think they were concerned about it being Linden's turn to give the prayer before breakfast and to do the lesson selection and reading after eating. The prayer resulted in not a person saying "well done" and the reading was selected just moments before its delivery. Rough bunch.

Wanda, who had been our primary waitress for years, had decided to resign her position without seeking our approval: It would not have been granted. They were nice enough to furnish us with her phone number. We called and some of us will deliver our normal Christmas card to her in the late afternoon. We will miss our fun filled interactions with her.

Maybe Linden should not have gone to the grocery and post office. For whatever reason, he later found himself facing a 45 minute drive to meet former co-workers Greg, Jeanne and Thuc for lunch and he was due to meet them in 30 minutes. Perhaps a different clock will help. We had a nice visit and an acceptable lunch. As usual, Thuc had gifts for me. There is no way to control him.

Back home, I had a message that the bible I had left in Dan and Diana's car had been left for me at my church. I picked it up and now see that it is less than two hours before I meet the guys to go see Wanda. It is obvious that it will be nightime before I return to the management task started last night.

Document management must be a learned skill that is simply above my ability to comprehend and to contemplate it is irritating. I am convinced that some evil spirit invades my home and removes items from my carefully arranged files. This spirit must come when I am sleeping and this is why my recent sleep has been fitful, at best. So, as we come to the close of this writing, I will not insert my usual addendums about books or previous writings. I will stop right here and return to shuffling papers.
-----
comments to: LWDcomment@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home